Terms of Service
Updates to Terms of Service and Changes to the Service.
SlashApi may change the Terms and conditions at any time. A notification of such change(s), as well as the revised Terms itself, will be posted on our Website. You will be responsible for regularly checking the Website and for reviewing any changes to the Terms. By using the Service after any such changes take place, you signify your acceptance of the change(s) and your agreement to be bound by them.
Your SlashApi Account
If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. We retain the right to cancel your account for any reason or refuse your account creation request.
You must immediately notify us of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. SlashApi will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
Optional paid services or upgrades may be available on the Website. When utilizing an optional paid service or upgrade, you agree to pay SlashApi the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you begin utilizing the service or upgrade and will cover the use of that service or upgrade for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. These fees are not refundable.
Payments are done via credit card and are processed by Paddle, a third party payment service. Credit card details are not stored on SlashApi's systems.
Unless you notify SlashApi before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel a service or upgrade, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Subscriptions can be canceled at any time.
Your Paid Account will remain in effect until it's cancelled or terminated under these Terms. If you don't pay for your Paid Account on time, we reserve the right to suspend it or downgrade it to the free Account.
We may change the fees in effect but will give you advance notice of these changes via a message to the email address associated with your account.
You're free to stop using our Services at any time. We reserve the right without liability to terminate or restrict these Terms or your Account, or your access to or use of the Service or Website, with or without notice, for any reason, including but not limited to, if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any interference with or termination of your access to the Service or Website. All decisions regarding the termination of these Terms or your Account shall be made by us in our discretion.
Our Proprietary Rights
We and our licensors retain exclusive ownership of the Service and Website and all content and materials provided in connection with the Service and Website, and all related intellectual property rights. We retain exclusive ownership of any data that is collected by us or our business partners through the operation of the Service or Website, but excluding your personal information.
Subject to your full compliance with these Terms, we hereby grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, personal and non-transferable license to access and use the Service in legally authorised jurisdictions for your personal, non-commercial use on any personal computer or supported device you own or control. We reserve all right, title and interest in and to the Service and Website, subject only to the limited license granted to you above. In addition, we reserve the right to terminate this license at any time.
You agree that you will not in connection with your use of the Service or Website:
- Collect or store personally identifying information about other users for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Impersonate any person or entity;
- Employ misleading email addresses or mobile numbers or falsify information in any part of any communication related to the Service or Website;
- Engage in any activity which may compromise the stability or availability of the Service or Website or use the Service or Website to compromise the availability or stability of any third party site or service;
- Use the Service or Website for any unsolicited advertising or promotions;
- Decompile, dis-assemble, modify, translate, adapt, reverse engineer, create derivative works of or sublicense the Service or Website, or any portion thereof;
- Circumvent any security measures or any payment collection methods employed on or through the Service or Website, or access or use the Service or Website after your Account, these Terms or your access has been terminated or suspended by us;
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit or post links to any content or material, or select any member or user name or email address, in a manner that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libellous, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, sexually, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit or post links to any content or material that infringes any patent, trademark, service mark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any person, or that contributes to, induces or facilitates this type of infringement;
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit or post links to any content or material that contains software viruses, worms, Trojan horses, time bombs, trap doors or any other computer code, files or programs or repetitive requests for information designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or to diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of the Website, Service or any third party software, site, equipment or service;
- Upload, post, email, otherwise transmit or post links to any content or material that violates any applicable law, statute, ordinance or regulation, or which we deem improper in accordance with our guidelines and policies;
- By-pass the measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Service, including but not limited to, features that prevent or restrict use or copying of any content or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content therein; or
Third Party Links
Opinions, advice, statements, offers or other information or User Content made available through the Service by other members or users are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. These members and users are solely responsible for their content.
Disclaimer of Warranties
THE SERVICE AND WEBSITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. SLASHAPI AND ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER SLASHAPI NOR ITS SUPPLIERS AND LICENSORS MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE WEBSITE WILL BE ERROR-FREE OR THAT CESS THERETO WILL BE CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED. YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU DOWNLOAD FROM, OR OTHERWISE OBTAIN CONTENT OR SERVICES THROUGH, THE WEBSITE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK.
WE DO NOT PROVIDE OR GUARANTEE, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM, ANY VALUE, CASH OR OTHERWISE, ATTRIBUTED TO ANY VIRTUAL PROPERTY OR DATA RESIDING ON OUR SERVERS.
Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT WILL WE BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOST PROFITS ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SERVICE OR WEBSITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF THESE TYPES OF DAMAGES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, EXCEED THE AMOUNT OF $500. THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
You agree to indemnify and hold us, our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates, and ours and their equity holders, directors, officers, employees, agents, contractors, licensors and licensees harmless from any loss, liability, claim, demand or expense, including but not limited to, reasonable attorney's fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the Service or Website, or any breach or violation of these Terms.